Thursday, January 5, 2012

A New Year

I remember when I eagerly looked forward to the new year. Now it seems time goes too fast.
I guess that's what happens when you stop and realize there aren't too many New Years left in your life. Nick always told me, "Twenty years from now you'll forget all about it," when I would get into a snit about something. Twenty years from now I'll be almost 100 and will probably have forgotten everything. I love to visit with my grandchildren, but when they tell me about their life's ambitions including their retirement, I think "I won't be around then."
So I better just think about the present year and set goals for it.
1.
I will be great grandmother in February. I must think of something unique to honor her arrival. I don't scrapbook,paint, knit, crochet, or quilt. All I do is write. I pray the muse will be kind and inspire me.
2.
One grandson will graduate from high school in POrtland this spring. If I can't be there in body, I will in spirit.
3.
we will be celebrating our 60th. anniversary. HOpefully in Sturgis SD in the church where we were married in JUne of 1952.
4.
My new novel "Andy's Shock" will hopefully be published this year.

2 comments:

Tessa said...

Yay, an update! And your writing for Susan's baby... what a gift!

jabberingjo said...

Thanks for reading my blog, Tessa