Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Try, Try Again

I really worked on a blog last night and when I pushed post it evidently lost it. "Sorry for the inconvenience," my computer said. Won't tell you what I said to the computer! Glad it's not voice activated. Ha, ha, just kidding.

I submitted my poem to the group and got one critique so far. They thought I didn't show enough emotion. I will re-vise it.
Now I must concentrate on my short story. The prompt is: a fractured family attempts a reunion. I think I'll try my hand at a murder mystery. Never done that for this group.
Wish me luck.

Let's see:

Blood spurted from Jason's hand as he nicked it on the mailbox while retrieving his mail. He stopped the flow with a handkerchief and waved the blood splattered letter in the air to dry it.
He read the return address.: Charles Sqaab, Dayton, Ohio.
"I don't know anyone by that name." He shivered in the frosty fall air. A fearful feeling came over him and he didn't want to open the letter.

How's that for a hook? Do you want to read more?

We're getting company from SD this evening and he'll be with us a couple of days. Deadline for this story is the 10th so I must get going.
if you read my blog but don't want to sign up you can comment on my e-mail nicjo@npgcable .com bye for now JOan

No comments: