Sunday, July 11, 2010

writing doldrums

Just can't get in the mood to write lately. I have some novels that need revising, but I'm tired of them. I tried to send a Holloween story to longstoryshort,; but it keeps coming back. I have two ideas for Bea and Ben collection, but haven't written them up.
One is from my neighbor (retired) she sent her husband to the store with a list.

1. bread
2.milk
3.lettuce
4. crackers
5. tea
6. orange juice

He came home with 1 loaf of bread, 2 cartons of milk, 3 heads of lettuce, 4 boxes of crackers, 5 boxes of tea, and 6 bottles of orange juice.

she was so glad her list wasn't longer.

Another idea is when Rose was to bring a potato salad for the fourth of July picnic. She planned to cook the potatos that afternoon before the fourth and make the salad that nighW.
She felt tired in the afternoon so she took a nap. when she woke and went to the kitchen she found her husband happily peeling five pounds of potatos. "I knew you're tired, so I thought I'd help" he said. Poor Rose, she had to make potato salad from peeled potatos. She always cooked them in the skins and peeled them later. they seem to have a more potato flavor, she tried hard to praise her husband, because he was thinking of her and trying to help, right?

No comments: