Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ziip My Mouth

Yesterday I had lunch with three friends from church. Before I went I admonoished myself that I would listen, not talk. I started talking the minute I got there and didn't quit until we left. I play it back in my mind and wish I had let the others talk even though they didn't seem to have anything to say. Oh, well, I'm going out with a friend to do some shopping this morning and I will listen this time. I have free coupons for a free frappe at McDonalds. Yum
I am revising a story I got rejected and I think I'll send it back to the pub who rejected it. Is that wise? WE'll find out.
My friend was in the hosp and the one who has you sign papers asked him if he had a good life. "Yes," he said.
Are you interested in continuing your life or are you finished?" she asked.
"What kind of question is that? We just got back from a trip in our motor home and I have to do alittle maintenance before we take off again to see our grandchildren."
what would the hosppital have done if he had said he was finished living? Yikes, he's younger than I am. I still have several novels in the works.

No comments: