Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Getting it Down

ON paper, I mean. don't you just hate it when you're out and about and all of a sudden a great idea about a story pops into your mind.Sometimes I quickly squiggle the main part of it down on a receipt or something, but can't read it when I get home.I'm so sure I'll remember it when I get home I put it out of my mind..and that's where it stays.
I confess that occasionally when a friend is telling me something important to her in detail, my mind wanders and I am writing a story in my head that has nothing to do with her problem.
Back to the real world I go and lose all the ideas I had at that time.
My oldest son bought a recorder for me so I could talk into it while I did dishes etc. but I'm not a multli-tasker, and It didn't work out for me.
What do you suggest?

3 comments:

Rosalie Skinner said...

Hi Joan,
I will put a link to your blog on my website and blog.
As for remembering ideas for stories, the only way is to jot them down. I have a recorder but found that doesn't work.
If you can allocate a word or item to a memory it might help. Something that will jog your memory when you recall it. I tend to lose those precious scraps of paper, or my grandkids write their notes on them.
Good luck with it anyhow.

Barbara Ehrentreu said...

I used to carry a notebook, but now I use my IPhone with the Notes app. When you jot down anything on the Notes it prints automatically in your email. So any ideas you had are right there for you when you get back or if you get your email from the same IPhone too. Just a thought. Or you could get an IPad. I heard those are good too.:)

Joaneva said...

call me and I will write them down while you work!!
Happy thanksgiving