Saturday, January 22, 2011

How old is too Old/

I mostly lurk at my groups e-mails, but one got my attention this morning. It seems the authors group is having a conference in Montreal next November. I almost signed up, and then I thought, Are you crazy?
I would be with utter strangers, sharing a room with a stranger, in Montreal (where is Montreal?)
I would love to meet my editors, Nancy and Penny, and the publisher, Lea, and all the others. But I'll be 79 in May. would have to save up my money, and talk my better half into accepting my plan. what do you think?

3 comments:

Tessa said...

Montreal, Canada, eh?! That could be fun. You're only 78! Don't slow down yet :) ... you're an inspiration!

Barbara Ehrentreu said...

Thank you for making me feel young!! I'm 66 and feel that I'm a little old to be traveling, but we all need to be there if we can. I'm going to try to be there, since my book is coming out in September and I want to be part of the group book signing and reading. Who doesn't want to try to be in Guinness Book of World Records???

Hope to see you there!!! Your books sounds great! I can't wait until it is released.Maybe you would like to come on my blog and radio show? Let me know.

Rochelle Weber Author said...

Gosh! For once to be the baby! My 86 year-old mother-in-law is going on an RV trip from Iowa to Alaska this May. I suspect you can make it to Montreal, Joan. Hope you're a hugger, because I'll be there waiting for you with a big one! And we won't all be strangers by then.